- Where I am at 27 years old...
- Signs of aging: My joints hurt. I blame the children.
- My birthday requests this year: Some homemade ice cream, a few gifts to open, a nap, maybe a walk by myself.
- Plans for the near future: A chocolate chip cookie taste-off, starting a garden.
- In the past year I think I've gotten better at: Using my time wisely - listening to audio books or lectures instead of flipping on the TV.
- In the next year I want to get better at: Living in the moment. Putting the phone away. Allowing myself to really play with my kids.
- I feel rich when: The kitchen is clean, the fridge is full, my calendar is balanced.
- Guilty pleasures: 90’s hip-hop, chocolate donettes, Saved by the Bell, tumblr (especially this one).
- Currently reading: Heaven is Here by Stephanie Nielsen and Bel Canto by Anne Patchett.
Currently listening to: Mostly Disney Pandora or Audible kids.
Favorite recently-seen movie: Saving Mr. Banks
Big Plans: Getting my MFT degree, moving to Salt Lake City.
Worried about: Trevor being gone for five days. Sleep training.
Something that made me laugh recently: Would your rather be attacked by one horse-sized duck,
or one hundred duck-sized horses?
We welcomed a new baby to our family! Asher Jacob was born January 31. He has been such an angel baby. Spencer has been a sweetheart and we are slowly adjusting to our new normal. I finally found a few minutes yesterday to snap some photos. Before I know it, he won't be a newborn anymore!
One of my very closest friends had a baby last week! Meet baby James. Isn't he the sweetest? This was seriously the easiest newborn photo shoot in the world. He was bright-eyed the entire time, let us move him all around without a peep. Amazing! It's been too long since I'd photographed a baby... I absolutely love it!
This is one of my favorite seasonal dishes. I got the recipe from my cousin a few years back and I make it as many times as I can get away with during the holidays! Doesn't it look festive with all that red and green?
Cranberry Pomegranate Dip
3/4 cup cranberries, finely chopped
1 cup pomegranate seeds
2 T. cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 cup sugar
1 T. fresh lemon juice
dash of ginger
1 block of cream cheese, softened
Mix all the above ingredients except for cream cheese. Pour over cream cheese and serve with your favorite crackers.
What is one of your favorite holiday dishes? Please share!